|The assets of the collection
||Domestic and foreign music publications, sound recordings (records, tapes, audio-and videocassettes, CD, mp 3), literature on music (monographs, reference and bibliographc publications).
The main collection of music publications includes domestic and foreign sheet music in the form of single volume and multivolume notebooks, sheet music publications, albums, postcards, calendars, posters and books of a mixed type in which the sheet music is the basic text. The collection receives editions with texts in Russian and other languages of the Russian Federation, foreign languages (except for Asian languages, and Africa). The music scores collection consists of original documents and copies (including facsimile), documents in digital media form, including supplements for printed editions.
The collection of audio records, stores shellac and vinyl records, tapes (audio, video, VHS), CD (audio, mp3), DVD (audio, mp3, video), tapes. You can hear the work of domestic and foreign composers, samples of music folklore from different countries and nations, plays, speeches and statements of politicians and artists, as well as the «voices» of birds.
In the department of music publications and audio records there are also reference and bibliography, and auxiliary collections, which offer to readers:
- reference books on music;
- industrial bibliographic dictionaries;
- catalogues of music libraries;
- publishing and trade catalogues, catalogues of record companies;
- encyclopedias and reference books of a general nature, music encyclopedias, terminological dictionaries;
- definition and language dictionaries;
- monographs and works on music;
- materials of scientific conferences, symposiums and meetings;
- Newspapers and magazines on music.